REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
vs.Civil Case No. __________
MOTION TO PLEAD AS INDIGENT
_____________________, unto this Honorable Court, respectfully alleges that:
1. I am a resident of ___________________; .
2. My gross income and that of my immediate family does not exceed __________________;
3. I do not own real property with an assessed value of more than (amount as provided in the Revised Rules of Court, as amended) as shown by the attached Certification issued by the Office of the City/Municipal Assessor and the City/Municipal Treasurer’s Office;
4. Due to financial constraint, I cannot afford to pay for the expenses of a court litigation as I do not have enough funds for food, shelter and other basic necessities;
5. Should the court render judgment in my favor, the amount of the docket and other legal fees which I was exempted from paying shall be a lien on the judgment, unless the court orders otherwise.
WHEREFORE, premises considered, it is respectfully prayed that I be exempted from the payment of docket and other legal fees as indigent pursuant to Section 21, Rule 3, in relation to Section 18, Rule 141 of the Revised Rules of Court.
Other reliefs just and equitable under the premises are likewise prayed for.
_________________________, Philippines, (date).